A number of bugs present in samba versions prior to 2.2.6 were fixed.
2.2.6 is considered to be the final version of the 2.2.X series. We
strongly suggest all users to upgrade to this version.
Fixed bugs include:
- 2.2.6 final release (9.0 shipping pre-release fix).
- Fix documentation and smb.conf man page.
- Fix for smbumount hanging when unmounting a dead share.
- Fix for Windows XP sp1 roaming profiles not working properly.
- Fix pdf generator script.
- Fix problem with smbclient listing shares on win9x servers.
- Fix problem with samba leaking file descriptors when kernel change
notify is turned on.
For a more detailed list, feel free to check out samba.org changelog
for 2.2.6 at http://www.samba.org
All of these bugs were fixed in samba 2.2.6; the packages provided have
these fixes applied.
2824f5c9716424d5986155c428e62c84 9.0/RPMS/nss_wins-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm aacfcf61a74a15574373b4bbe8702724 9.0/RPMS/samba-client-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm 18225070f03be25495ae1267992208c8 9.0/RPMS/samba-common-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm 866310d65987b9ec5692183b0012eafd 9.0/RPMS/samba-doc-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm 5ef46a7afa9b92a89ff916b6043add68 9.0/RPMS/samba-server-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm 65b34da9ddeb84ef57f86648c4050067 9.0/RPMS/samba-swat-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm 3a757330f965968029586ca2e0fe0d8a 9.0/RPMS/samba-winbind-2.2.6-4.1mdk.i586.rpm e99e4b411d2c4db5e87090cbcc9c5a10 9.0/SRPMS/samba-2.2.6-4.1mdk.src.rpm
To upgrade automatically, use MandrivaUpdate.
Please verify the update prior to upgrading to ensure the integrity of the downloaded package. You can do this with the command :
rpm --checksig package.rpm
You can get the GPG public key of the Mandriva Security Team to verify the GPG signature of each RPM.
If you use MandrivaUpdate, the verification of md5 checksum and GPG signature is performed automatically for you.