Customer Support FAQ
How can I boot Mandriva Flash?
Most recent BIOS allow your computer to boot on USB devices. If not sure check this document: BIOS configuration for USB bootable devices.
How do I boot Mandriva Flash if my computer can not boot from USB?
A small bootable CD-ROM image is present on the shared partition of the Mandriva Flash USB key. It is only 3MB, so it can be burnt on a credit-card sized CD-ROM. You can then make your computer boot on this CD-ROM (and make sure your Mandriva Flash USB key is plugged), it will automatically use the Mandriva Flash USB key. Once Mandriva Flash is booted, you can eject the CD-ROM.
What do I do if I accidentally crash my USB key?
The Mandriva Flash product comes with one month of Mandriva support, please contact us if you experience some problems.
For owners of the Mandriva Flash, Mandriva has developed a utility CD which will allow you to do several maintenance / repair operations on the Mandriva Flash.
The rescue CD enables customers to:
- reset the root or user password
- make a backup of the Flash
- restore from any of the last ten backups
- test the USB key for errors
- restore the Flash to factory settings
You can download the Mandriva Flash Rescue CD and restore your Mandriva Flash. And read the Mandriva Flash README.
If the key remains crashed despite the use of the rescue tool, you can also ask DANE ELEC for another key via this Replacement for Mandriva Flash Form in ODT or the Replacement for Mandriva Flash Form in PDF.
- CPU: all Pentium, Celeron, Athlon, Duron, Sempron processors
- RAM: 256MB minimum, 512MB recommended
- Graphic cards: NVIDIA®, ATI™, Intel® i8xx and i9xx
- Sound cards: all Sound Blaster compatible cards and AC97
- CD-ROM Burner or USB-bootable BIOS
More information about BIOS configuration for USB bootable devices.