SquidGuard is a combined filter, redirector and access controller plugin for
Squid. It is free, very flexible, extremely fast, easily installed, portable.
SquidGuard can be used to
- limit the web access for some users to a list of accepted/well known web
servers and/or URLs only.
- block access to some listed or blacklisted web servers and/or URLs for
- block access to URLs matching a list of regular expressions or words for
- enforce the use of domainnames/prohibit the use of IP address in URLs.
- redirect blocked URLs to an "intelligent" CGI based info page.
- redirect unregistered user to a registration form.
- redirect popular downloads like Netscape, MSIE etc. to local copies.
- redirect banners to an empty GIF.
- have different access rules based on time of day, day of the week, date
- have different rules for different user groups.
Neither squidGuard nor Squid can be used to
- filter/censor/edit text inside documents
- filter/censor/edit embeded scripting languages