The Linux Enterprise solution
Designed for small and medium businesses, the Mandriva Linux 8.0 ProSuite Edition has been specially customized to include all the necessary tools and applications required by today's computing environment.
ProSuite Edition 8.0 scales easily for large enterprise deployment.
Look no further for a stable and secure solution for servers and workstations. Built upon the award winning Mandriva Linux operating system, Linux-Mandriva Prosuite comes with extended enterprise support, including 90 days Web support via Mandriva Expert.
- Extended enterprise support: 90 days through Mandriva Expert and 60 days by phone
- Powerful Firewall and Router solution
- Apache Advanced Extranet WebServer
- 2 Free Update CDs
- Kernel 2.4.3
- KDE 2.1.1
- GNOME 1.4
- Xfree86 4.03
- StarOffice 5.2
- Netscape Communicator 4.77
- Acrobat Reader 4.0
- Glibc 2.2.2, gcc 2.96, RPM 4.0, QT 2.3, Apache 1.3.19, Emacs 20.7, ...
Easy and Professional configuration tools
- Apache Advanced Extranet WebServer:
- Pre-configured version of Apache with database and PHP4 integration, cryptography support,...
- Mandriva Control Center: Easily setup and administer your entire Linux network
- Internet Router and Firewall: Quickly configure a secure connection for an entire network with our firewalling and connection wizards
- Drakx: Improved graphical installation with built-in hardware detection and simple disk partitioning
Complete and powerful server solution
- Apache Web Application Server: Easily deploy any Web application including PHPGroupware suite and PHP Nuke community management system
- Reliable and proven e-mail servers: Postfix, SendMail, POP3 and IMAP
- Directory Server: LDAP server included to maintain and administer a user list
- Firewall and Router: Protect your network better than ever with new Kernel 2.4.3 (2.2.19 still available) and with our easy to use configuration tools
- File and Printer Server: Easily set-up Samba to provide file and printer sharing to Windows networks
- Web Administration with Webmin: Manage your servers centrally and securely through the familiar interface of a Web browser Database Server: Securely store your data in leading database servers MySQL or PostgreSQL
Several Development platforms to choose from
- Integrated Development Environments: Includes new visual environments Kdevelop, QTDesigner and Glade
- Choice of Programming Language: More than 10 languages available including C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Fortran, Pascal,...
- Includes all Source code: Become an active member of the Open Source community. OpenSource gives you the opportunity to view or modify, debug or add functionalities to software.
Office and Multimedia capabilities
- Directly dictate documents with IBM ViaVoice
- Create documents with StarOffice® 5.2, the Microsoft® Office compatible Linux office suite
- Communicate with your Palm or Visor compatible organizer through Gnome-Pilot and KPilot Edit images and photos with The GIMP, powerful graphics manipulation software...Create 3D images and animations with Blender
- Pentium or compatible
- 64 MB RAM for graphical installation (32 MB for test installation)
- 500 MB available disk space (800 MB recommended)
- CD-ROM drive